[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Hacking a Personal Computer via E-mail

Chris> There is no turing equivalence between protocols....If you're saying
Chris> that you can run telnet on port 25 to get past packet filters, that's
Chris> true, but that's not "using email to tunnel telnet".

Not true, mon cher. Take a look at the April fool's RFC for IP via carrier
pigeon. I know that someone has done IP via e-mail as a design, but I'm not
sure if it was ever implemented even as a proof-of-concept. Anyone?

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson@cs.columbia.edu carson@lehman.com
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.htm